- To explore, develop, produce, add value and manage resources in an efficient and environmentally sound manner.
- To promote the sustainability and growth of the national oil industry, safeguard the national oil interest and guarantee higher returns for the nation.
- To develop capable and competent management and technical workforce.
- To be a socially responsible and environmentally-friendly business entity.
To be a leading and competitive integrated oil and gas company of choice, operating with focus on profitability and environmental and social responsibility.
- Efficient, strong and sustainable performance
- Care and respect
- Integrity and trust
- Initiative and accountability
- Creativity and enterprise
- Working together and promoting team spirit
Nilepet was established in 2003 under the Civil Authority for New Sudan (CANS) to link the oil companies with CANS, the then civil government in the liberated areas of South Sudan. Nilepet was incorporated on the 1st day of June 2009 under the New (South) Sudan Companies Act 2003 by the Ministry of Legal Affairs and Constitutional Development, government of South Sudan.