Development department is responsible for the systematic and timely transformation of petroleum resources to reserves through integration of subsurface inputs to formulate an optimum Field Development Project/Plan (FDP) which leads to the facilities design i.e. is the custodian of the resources management throughout Exploration & Production cycle.
Currently, Development Department in Nilepet, as a national partner, is to participate, facilitate, monitor and evaluate the development plans carried out by the JOC which includes:
- Initiation of field development projects (FDP) studies and to decide economic evaluation of the project to determine the profitability of the field during the life-time and the cash flow allocation.
- Recommendation on number of development wells to be drilled.
- Planning for well completion & work over jobs for maintenance and/or perforation of the newly identified potential zones.
- Initiation of production forecasting during the life time of the field.
- Planning for liquid lifting mechanism whether naturally or artificially (pumps).
Adopting oil production enhancement strategy through water injection or any other advanced technology.
- Proposing Field surface Facilities (FSF) and Field Processing Facilities (FPF).
- Management of the reservoir during the production life cycle.
- Monitoring the implementation of the recommended development plans from the studies.