The main task for the Exploration Department is to carry out all exploration activities starting from block promotion, licensing, Seismic operations, wild cat and appraisal identification, basins modeling and G&G studies.
Exploration department in Nilepet is currently playing the following roles in conjunction with the JOCs:
- To participate and monitor the implementation of geological and geophysical (seismic survey, acquisition, processing, interpretation and mapping) activities.
- To ensure all exploration drilling activities in JOCs are conducted in a proper manner
- To Participate and monitor G&G studies.
- To provide technical advices during blocks promotion.
- Participate in the JOC’s exploration planning.
- To ensure that all exploration activities are done as per the approved WPB.